Self packing for your removal
While many of our customers choose our full or partial packing services, many also choose to pack their belongings themselves. Packing your belongings can be a way to save a bit of the cost of moving - but only if you do it well. If you don't pack your belongings safely during the process of moving they can break or become damaged, which can cost you more in the long run through buying replacement items. And, unfortunately, some things just can't be replaced.
We can’t transport things like paints and other potentially hazardous substances that you might have in your garage or shed. If you want to move these you should pack them carefully in plastic containers and decide how to move them yourself as our insurance doesn’t allow us to do this for you.
Having good removal boxes is the first step to ensuring your packing and removal day goes well. We will advise you on boxes for your removal at the time you book to ensure you have enough of the right cartons for your needs.
Even if you're not moving with Britannia Goodwins International Removals & Storage, you can purchase removals boxes from us.
Are you packing your own belongings?
Our top tips
- Start as early as possible – this is an excellent time to discard items you don’t want or haven’t used for a while.
- Tackle one room at a time. Sort items into 3 categories: pack the things you want to keep and sort the rest into “give to charity” or “throw away”.
- You can pack most possessions that aren’t needed on a daily basis.
- Take time to pack carefully, especially fragile items like plates and glasses. Use plenty of packing paper. The best way to pack plates, for example, is to put a layer of crumpled up paper in the base of the box. Wrap each plate individually, stack the plates sideways and place an additional layer of crumpled paper on top before you seal the box.
- Don’t forget to label the box FRAGILE - CHINA AND GLASS.
- Please remember to empty and defrost your fridge and freezer.
- We can supply you with special wardrobe boxes to put your hanging clothes in as your wardrobes and cupboards need to be empty when we move them.
- Have you any items that need to be dismantled before moving e.g. bookshelves? If so, remember to keep any screws and fittings in a clearly labelled bag.
Removal quote appointment booking service
Britannia Goodwins Removals & Storage can help your move go smoothly. Contact us for a free, no obligation quote, or by calling 01785 251161 and speaking with one of our Stafford and Cheshire removals specialists.
How are our appointments carried out
In the current times you might prefer that we don't visit your house in person to carry out a survey. This is fully understandable and we can just as easily undertake the survey by video call, using whatever method you're comfortable with, usually FaceTime or WhatsApp.
See what our customers think of us...
Quick to accommodate our short notice request for a quote and removal services
Paul, Alan and Dan helped us move. They were really efficient and friendly - really impressed with their service. Especially during these strange Covid times! The guys were great - as we've never done this before, could maybe have done with a run-down of what to expect either prior to the day or on the morning as it was a little unknown to us.
Local (ish) and available at very short notice! Comments regarding your initial enquiry - Quick to accommodate our short notice request for a quote and removal services.Claire FinneyStafford
Team of removal executives were first rate
All went wonderfully to plan yesterday. Your team of removal executives were first rate.
We can’t speak more highly of their professionalism and courtesy! We would certainly recommend your company to everyone!!David SargentStafford
Excellent. Keep doing what you are doing we were very pleased. Darren was very helpful and understanding and Catherine in the office was great nothing was too much trouble. Cannot praise the staff enough. Comments regarding your initial enquiry - Very professional.Bob ChapmanStafford
Helpful, courteous and understanding
Great chaps, helpful, courteous and understanding when we needed a bed removed as my Mother in Law had unfortunately been taken ill and plans were changing..Used the company because you moved us from Stafford to Cumbria a year or so ago.. things needed to come back to Stafford..
Comments regarding your initial enquiry - Dealt with by Catherine, very efficient, ended up emailing and 'chatting' at same time...Mark MaiseyStafford
Complete the form below to get your UK Removals quotation
European Removals Quote Request
Complete the form below to get your European Removals quotation
International Removals Quote Request
Complete the form below to get your International Removals quotation
Call Me Back
Complete the form below and we'll call you back to discuss your requirements
Complete the form below to get your Self Storage quotation
UK Price Guide
Complete the form below to get a Price Guide sent to you
Please note: Our Price Guide tool is intended for moves within the UK Mainland only. If you're moving to or from the UK mainland please speak to one of our friendly team who will be able to provide you with a bespoke quote.