Self packing for your removal
While many of our customers choose our full or partial packing services, many also choose to pack their belongings themselves. Packing your belongings can be a way to save a bit of the cost of moving - but only if you do it well. If you don't pack your belongings safely during the process of moving they can break or become damaged, which can cost you more in the long run through buying replacement items. And, unfortunately, some things just can't be replaced.
We can’t transport things like paints and other potentially hazardous substances that you might have in your garage or shed. If you want to move these you should pack them carefully in plastic containers and decide how to move them yourself as our insurance doesn’t allow us to do this for you.
Having good removal boxes is the first step to ensuring your packing and removal day goes well. We will advise you on boxes for your removal at the time you book to ensure you have enough of the right cartons for your needs.
Even if you're not moving with Britannia Goodwins International Removals & Storage, you can purchase removals boxes from us.
Are you packing your own belongings?
Our top tips
- Start as early as possible – this is an excellent time to discard items you don’t want or haven’t used for a while.
- Tackle one room at a time. Sort items into 3 categories: pack the things you want to keep and sort the rest into “give to charity” or “throw away”.
- You can pack most possessions that aren’t needed on a daily basis.
- Take time to pack carefully, especially fragile items like plates and glasses. Use plenty of packing paper. The best way to pack plates, for example, is to put a layer of crumpled up paper in the base of the box. Wrap each plate individually, stack the plates sideways and place an additional layer of crumpled paper on top before you seal the box.
- Don’t forget to label the box FRAGILE - CHINA AND GLASS.
- Please remember to empty and defrost your fridge and freezer.
- We can supply you with special wardrobe boxes to put your hanging clothes in as your wardrobes and cupboards need to be empty when we move them.
- Have you any items that need to be dismantled before moving e.g. bookshelves? If so, remember to keep any screws and fittings in a clearly labelled bag.
Removal quote appointment booking service
Britannia Goodwins Removals & Storage can help your move go smoothly. Contact us for a free, no obligation quote, or by calling 01785 251161 and speaking with one of our Stafford and Cheshire removals specialists.
How are our appointments carried out
In the current times you might prefer that we don't visit your house in person to carry out a survey. This is fully understandable and we can just as easily undertake the survey by video call, using whatever method you're comfortable with, usually FaceTime or WhatsApp.
See what our customers think of us...
All 5 removal men were very professional and hard working
All 5 removal men were very professional and hard working, we really appreciated the extra mile that they constantly went to. Made our daughter feel very safe and she made a friend for life (Lee). Used the company because you were the cheapest quote.Dan OxleyStafford
Great team of very experienced removal men
Nothing was too much trouble. Made it stress free. Used the company for the very competitive quote. Everything from initial contact to moving day was dealt with efficiently. Crew arrived on time and worked constantly throughout the day. I don’t think they even stopped for a lunch break. Great team of very experienced removal men. Dealt with the initial inquiry efficiently.Helen HouseStafford
The crew were fantastic
The crew were fantastic, I can’t rate them highly enough. Polite, happy, friendly, careful, courteous & very hard working. Used the company for its Google search & good reviews. Very helpful, friendly yet professional.Marie ClarkeStafford
The crew were amazing, professional and experienced
The crew were amazing, professional and experienced. Fantastic. Made the move as stress free as it could be. I would 100% recommend everyone I spoke to and met. It went so well. There was another move on the same day as mine, another company, cheaper. It did not go well. The guys that moved us were fabulous, supportive right until the end.Angi FranklinStafford
Complete the form below to get your UK Removals quotation
European Removals Quote Request
Complete the form below to get your European Removals quotation
International Removals Quote Request
Complete the form below to get your International Removals quotation
Call Me Back
Complete the form below and we'll call you back to discuss your requirements
Complete the form below to get your Self Storage quotation
UK Price Guide
Complete the form below to get a Price Guide sent to you