- Book a survey so that you can decide on costs and set a moving date as quickly as possible (especially during peak times when slots fill up quickly)
- Do you need or want everything from your garden, shed or garage? It's a great time for that long promised clear out.
- Decide what service you require - packing china or glass, full service packing or pack yourself
- Pick out the items that need special care and make sure that the people who are moving these items know - this is so fragile items or items that are especially valuable to you are given the proper attention
- Throw away any unwanted items so that they don't accidently get taken with you (this happens more often than you think)
- Clear out your loft so that no goods that you want to take get left behind
- Make arrangements for children and pets on the day of your move so you don't get distracted on moving day by looking after them (and they don't get stressed) - distractions may mean things are left behind by accident
Call Us: Staffordshire & Cheshire: 01785 251161 orGet a Quote
- Contact service providers for reconnection/disconnection to your new home such as electricity, telecoms, cable, and broadband providers
- Be sure to arrange your broadband move well in advance, as this often takes some time to be installed in your new home
- Inform the local council, water provider, dentist, doctors, optician, bank/building society, credit card companies, DVLA, schools, TV licence, national insurance, and pension company of your change in address. Don't forget any hire, leasing, purchase or loan companies and to amend any insurance cover details
- Redirect your mail to your new address and send change your address cards
- Get advice on moving to and reinstalling any satellite dishes that you may have at your new home
- Remember to defrost your fridge and freezer
- Cancel any ongoing deliveries such as milk, newspapers, or food boxes
- Remember to keep any items that you need on move day separate from the items that are going in the removal van or lorry
- Pack valuables separately from everything and make sure that you take them with you such as jewellery, watches, money, important papers, passports etc
- Confirm meter readings and keep a copy
- Switch off power and water supplies
- Lock all doors and windows when you leave your old property
- Drop off your keys at the estate agent
Removal quote appointment booking service
Britannia Goodwins Removals & Storage can help your move go smoothly. Contact us for a free, no obligation quote, or by calling 01785 251161 and speaking with one of our Stafford and Cheshire removals specialists.
How are our appointments carried out
In the current times you might prefer that we don't visit your house in person to carry out a survey. This is fully understandable and we can just as easily undertake the survey by video call, using whatever method you're comfortable with, usually FaceTime or WhatsApp.
See what our customers think of us...
Had full confidence
Removals crew were very helpful, courteous people. Have used previously. I have used your company before and had full confidence in them.Michelle HydonStafford
A credit to your company
I am sending a quick email to say thank you so much for the teams work in moving us these past few days. It was absolutely fantastic and they felt like friends we had known for years not days.
Would you kindly thank each of them individually from us please... Clive, Lee, Paul, Alan and Dan.They truly were a credit to your company and we really cannot thank them enough.
Once again, thank you.David SingletonStafford
Professional, courteous. Lee and Clive were absolutely great, cheerful and did all we asked.
Used the company on a recommendation. Comments regarding your initial enquiry - Excellent.Keith InmanStafford
Helpful and accommodating
I have completed the online survey but also wanted to thank you for the support you gave me in arranging my house move. At all times you were very helpful and accommodating especially when sorting the move down to Sussex.
I would like to thank Paul and Alan who packed me up on 31/03/2021 and Darren S, Darren G, Rob and Ian who travelled to Sussex and unpacked us. They were all great workers and very thoughtful throughout.
Thank you all again.Jane CapeyStafford
Complete the form below to get your UK Removals quotation
European Removals Quote Request
Complete the form below to get your European Removals quotation
International Removals Quote Request
Complete the form below to get your International Removals quotation
Call Me Back
Complete the form below and we'll call you back to discuss your requirements
Complete the form below to get your Self Storage quotation
UK Price Guide
Complete the form below to get a Price Guide sent to you
Please note: Our Price Guide tool is intended for moves within the UK Mainland only. If you're moving to or from the UK mainland please speak to one of our friendly team who will be able to provide you with a bespoke quote.