- Book a survey so that you can decide on costs and set a moving date as quickly as possible (especially during peak times when slots fill up quickly)
- Do you need or want everything from your garden, shed or garage? It's a great time for that long promised clear out.
- Decide what service you require - packing china or glass, full service packing or pack yourself
- Pick out the items that need special care and make sure that the people who are moving these items know - this is so fragile items or items that are especially valuable to you are given the proper attention
- Throw away any unwanted items so that they don't accidently get taken with you (this happens more often than you think)
- Clear out your loft so that no goods that you want to take get left behind
- Make arrangements for children and pets on the day of your move so you don't get distracted on moving day by looking after them (and they don't get stressed) - distractions may mean things are left behind by accident
Call Us: Staffordshire & Cheshire: 01785 251161 orGet a Quote
- Contact service providers for reconnection/disconnection to your new home such as electricity, telecoms, cable, and broadband providers
- Be sure to arrange your broadband move well in advance, as this often takes some time to be installed in your new home
- Inform the local council, water provider, dentist, doctors, optician, bank/building society, credit card companies, DVLA, schools, TV licence, national insurance, and pension company of your change in address. Don't forget any hire, leasing, purchase or loan companies and to amend any insurance cover details
- Redirect your mail to your new address and send change your address cards
- Get advice on moving to and reinstalling any satellite dishes that you may have at your new home
- Remember to defrost your fridge and freezer
- Cancel any ongoing deliveries such as milk, newspapers, or food boxes
- Remember to keep any items that you need on move day separate from the items that are going in the removal van or lorry
- Pack valuables separately from everything and make sure that you take them with you such as jewellery, watches, money, important papers, passports etc
- Confirm meter readings and keep a copy
- Switch off power and water supplies
- Lock all doors and windows when you leave your old property
- Drop off your keys at the estate agent
Removal quote appointment booking service
Britannia Goodwins Removals & Storage can help your move go smoothly. Contact us for a free, no obligation quote, or by calling 01785 251161 and speaking with one of our Stafford and Cheshire removals specialists.
How are our appointments carried out
In the current times you might prefer that we don't visit your house in person to carry out a survey. This is fully understandable and we can just as easily undertake the survey by video call, using whatever method you're comfortable with, usually FaceTime or WhatsApp.
See what our customers think of us...
Very satisfied with the way my enquiries were dealt with
Excellent customer service. The team are a credit to your company. It was perfect. Used the company based on previous experience. Would definitely use again and recommend to others.
Comments regarding your initial enquiry - Very satisfied with the way my enquiries were dealt with.Elaine PassStafford
Quick to accommodate our short notice request for a quote and removal services
Paul, Alan and Dan helped us move. They were really efficient and friendly - really impressed with their service. Especially during these strange Covid times! The guys were great - as we've never done this before, could maybe have done with a run-down of what to expect either prior to the day or on the morning as it was a little unknown to us.
Local (ish) and available at very short notice! Comments regarding your initial enquiry - Quick to accommodate our short notice request for a quote and removal services.Claire FinneyStafford
Quick prompt replies and service
Genuinely excellent. The 3 guys on day one were awesome doing the full house pack, so efficient and helpful. Then again the same professional and supportive group with an additional bloke to help. Made the process so smooth and easy and we couldn't recommend them enough.
Used the company because they gave quick prompt replies and service, good online reviews and all at a reasonable cost. Not the cheapest by any stretch but reasonable for the service provided.
Comments regarding your initial enquiry - Matt Myers was courteous, helpful and friendly when initially picking up the request we made.Matthew GoughStafford
Excellent. Keep doing what you are doing we were very pleased. Darren was very helpful and understanding and Catherine in the office was great nothing was too much trouble. Cannot praise the staff enough. Comments regarding your initial enquiry - Very professional.Bob ChapmanStafford
Complete the form below to get your UK Removals quotation
European Removals Quote Request
Complete the form below to get your European Removals quotation
International Removals Quote Request
Complete the form below to get your International Removals quotation
Call Me Back
Complete the form below and we'll call you back to discuss your requirements
Complete the form below to get your Self Storage quotation
UK Price Guide
Complete the form below to get a Price Guide sent to you
Please note: Our Price Guide tool is intended for moves within the UK Mainland only. If you're moving to or from the UK mainland please speak to one of our friendly team who will be able to provide you with a bespoke quote.