- Book a survey so that you can decide on costs and set a moving date as quickly as possible (especially during peak times when slots fill up quickly)
- Do you need or want everything from your garden, shed or garage? It's a great time for that long promised clear out.
- Decide what service you require - packing china or glass, full service packing or pack yourself
- Pick out the items that need special care and make sure that the people who are moving these items know - this is so fragile items or items that are especially valuable to you are given the proper attention
- Throw away any unwanted items so that they don't accidently get taken with you (this happens more often than you think)
- Clear out your loft so that no goods that you want to take get left behind
- Make arrangements for children and pets on the day of your move so you don't get distracted on moving day by looking after them (and they don't get stressed) - distractions may mean things are left behind by accident
Call Us: Staffordshire & Cheshire: 01785 251161 orGet a Quote
- Contact service providers for reconnection/disconnection to your new home such as electricity, telecoms, cable, and broadband providers
- Be sure to arrange your broadband move well in advance, as this often takes some time to be installed in your new home
- Inform the local council, water provider, dentist, doctors, optician, bank/building society, credit card companies, DVLA, schools, TV licence, national insurance, and pension company of your change in address. Don't forget any hire, leasing, purchase or loan companies and to amend any insurance cover details
- Redirect your mail to your new address and send change your address cards
- Get advice on moving to and reinstalling any satellite dishes that you may have at your new home
- Remember to defrost your fridge and freezer
- Cancel any ongoing deliveries such as milk, newspapers, or food boxes
- Remember to keep any items that you need on move day separate from the items that are going in the removal van or lorry
- Pack valuables separately from everything and make sure that you take them with you such as jewellery, watches, money, important papers, passports etc
- Confirm meter readings and keep a copy
- Switch off power and water supplies
- Lock all doors and windows when you leave your old property
- Drop off your keys at the estate agent
Removal quote appointment booking service
Britannia Goodwins Removals & Storage can help your move go smoothly. Contact us for a free, no obligation quote, or by calling 01785 251161 and speaking with one of our Stafford and Cheshire removals specialists.
How are our appointments carried out
In the current times you might prefer that we don't visit your house in person to carry out a survey. This is fully understandable and we can just as easily undertake the survey by video call, using whatever method you're comfortable with, usually FaceTime or WhatsApp.
See what our customers think of us...
All items professionally packed and removed
All items professionally packed and removed. Everything went smoothly. We didn't have to lift anything. Thank you to the removal men.
Why did you use us? Good reputation and reviews
Comments regarding your initial enquiry - Dealt with promptly and efficientlyJayne BrownStafford
Treated our goods with the utmost care and respect
No room for improvement in my experience.
Why did you use us? They could meet our requirements on the dates we needed at an acceptable price
Do you have any additional comments or concerns regarding any portion of the service you received?
From the minute Catherine answered the phone to deal with my query, Darren conducted the FaceTime survey of
the considerable amount of items that needed moving and gave us a quote for the job, Clive, Lee, Ant and Rob did
our packing then, joined by Paul and Alan on day two to effect the move, unloaded everything, we did not have one
anxious moment during what can be a stressful experience. Everyone, especially the six involved in the move, was
unfailingly polite, could not have been more helpful and treated our goods with the utmost care and respect.
Hopefully, the supply of tea, coffee and carbonated beverages on day two, were some sort of recompense for a job
well done. In short, Top Job, boys and a BIG thank you is due. Looking ahead, if we move again, hopefully not
anytime soon, we'd have no hesitation is using this company again.
Catherine, the lady who took the initial enquiry call, could not have been more helpful and inspired confidence in your company.Adrian MilledgeStafford
The guys were excellent. Very professional, polite and hardworking.Sarah McDermott,Stafford
Efficient and considerate to our needs
Efficient and considerate to our needs.
Why did you use us? Because Horsleys weren’t available, based on names known however I would definitely recommend and consider yourselves for the future.
Comments regarding your initial enquiry - Quick and useful in responsePhilip FryerStafford
Complete the form below to get your UK Removals quotation
European Removals Quote Request
Complete the form below to get your European Removals quotation
International Removals Quote Request
Complete the form below to get your International Removals quotation
Call Me Back
Complete the form below and we'll call you back to discuss your requirements
Complete the form below to get your Self Storage quotation
UK Price Guide
Complete the form below to get a Price Guide sent to you
Please note: Our Price Guide tool is intended for moves within the UK Mainland only. If you're moving to or from the UK mainland please speak to one of our friendly team who will be able to provide you with a bespoke quote.