Living in South Africa
If you are moving to South Africa you will be become part of a multi-cultural society with a competitive economy, ‘The Rainbow Nation’ of South Africa is a country which has great potential for future growth.
Home to some of the most picturesque locations in the world, South Africa is a nature lover’s paradise. From the sub-tropical forests of Durban, the flat topped Table Mountain overlooking Cape Town and Port Elizabeth’s stunning beaches which offer plenty of whale watching opportunities, its seductive climate attracts thousands of immigrants.
A rich and diverse culture, South Africa has eleven recognised languages including English, Afrikaans, Tsonga, Zulu and Ndebele and is home to the largest population of European and Asian communities on the continent. In such a rich melting pot of cultures there is somewhere for everyone with Cape Town and Durban in particular offering a high standard of living.
South Africa has become a major player in the automotive and IT industries being the 20th largest consumer of information technology products in the world. It also has three capital cities Cape Town, Pretoria and Bloemfontein and the oldest wine industry outside Europe.
Interesting facts about South Africa
- Often known as the ‘Cradle Of Humankind’ due to the abundance of artefacts found there that date back over 100,000 years
- South Africa has the cheapest electricity in the world
- Table Mountain has over 1,500 varieties of plants.
- The world is divided into six floral kingdoms. All of these kingdoms are spread across different countries or continents except South Africa which has one kingdom all to itself. 70% of the Cape Floral Kingdom, which totals 9,600 plant species cannot be found anywhere else in the world
- Kruger National Park has the largest variety of wildlife anywhere in Africa
- Vilakazi Street in Soweto is the only street in the world to have housed two Nobel Peace prize winners, these being Archbishop Desmond Tutu and Nelson Mandela
- South Africa made sporting history by becoming the first African country to hold the football/soccer World Cup back in 2010
- South Africa is home to the largest building project in the Southern Hemisphere which was the construction of the Palace Of The Lost City Resort Hotel
Removal quote appointment booking service
Britannia Goodwins Removals & Storage can help your overseas move go smoothly. Contact us for a free, no obligation quote, or by calling 01785 251161 and speaking with one of our Stafford and Cheshire removals specialists.
How are our appointments carried out
In the current times you might prefer that we don't visit your house in person to carry out a survey. This is fully understandable and we can just as easily undertake the survey by video call, using whatever method you're comfortable with, usually FaceTime or WhatsApp.
See what our customers think of us...
Look forward to your team moving us again in the next couple of weeks
We were delighted with the move this week and look forward to your team moving us again in the next couple of weeks all being well… Please congratulate your entire team who helped us this week. They were all extremely considerate and consummately professional throughout.
With our very best regardsPat DaviesStafford
Britannia Goodwins have an excellent reputation
They were extremely efficient showed a helpful and informative approach and were most professional. It was a walk in the park. Initial enquiry was like talking to a lifelong friend.
Where can we improve our removals day experience? Very difficult to improve on excellence, and a respectful attitude
Why did you use us? Because Britannia Goodwins have an excellent reputationMichael CooperStafford
Efficient and considerate to our needs
Efficient and considerate to our needs.
Why did you use us? Because Horsleys weren’t available, based on names known however I would definitely recommend and consider yourselves for the future.
Comments regarding your initial enquiry - Quick and useful in responsePhilip FryerStafford
The guys were excellent. Very professional, polite and hardworking.Sarah McDermott,Stafford
Complete the form below to get your UK Removals quotation
European Removals Quote Request
Complete the form below to get your European Removals quotation
International Removals Quote Request
Complete the form below to get your International Removals quotation
Call Me Back
Complete the form below and we'll call you back to discuss your requirements
Complete the form below to get your Self Storage quotation
UK Price Guide
Complete the form below to get a Price Guide sent to you
Please note: Our Price Guide tool is intended for moves within the UK Mainland only. If you're moving to or from the UK mainland please speak to one of our friendly team who will be able to provide you with a bespoke quote.
Call Us: Staffordshire & Cheshire: 01785 251161 orLet Us Call You Back